Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Reflection on Life: Simplicity

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Albert Einstein

I'm aiming for a high level of simplicity in my life.  I've been thinking about it for months now and already began simplifying some parts.
I started with my wardrobe and removed anything I don't use anymore, I no longer like, or which don't fit properly.  It felt great and I feel a bit lighter.  My dressing space seems more spacious and more attractive.
I intend to do this for my library, my kitchen, my facebook contacts...even how I spend my time and energy.


This cleaning process is to improve how I live and enjoy each moment.  I want to focus more on myself and my family (including my husband, of course), on living my life how I want, on exploring the world and admiring nature more, on having fun like a child not worrying about what others might say when i sing out oud or dance in the streets (a few examples of what i mean) and on taking chances to do what I'm afraid to.
And from now on, when I want to acquire something new in my life, I will only invest in something of quality that will last a very long time (maybe a lifetime).

The following picture (not my bedroom by the way) demonstrates well how simplified I want my life and living space to be: clean, without useless objects, and still beautiful and glamorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...