I have treated my hair several times with this and every time I am satisfied with the results. My hair looks healthier and moisturized. It has brilliance and feels protected.
The procedure I follow:
- I wet my hair a little bit so it can be damp. I think it helps the treatment penetrate it better.
- I heat coconut oil in the microwave for about 40 seconds. The amount of oil depends on the length and thickness of your hair. I like my hair to be well saturated with it.
- I separate my hair into several sections and "finger detangle" it.
- I coat each section of my hair with the hot oil (from roots to ends).
- I make a bun and put on a plastic cap to cover my head for at least 20 minutes.
- I rinse my hair with warm water and wash my scalp with soap.
- I let the soapy water from my scalp wash down to my ends.
- I rinse my hair with warm water
- I apply one of my favorite hair conditioners and detangle my hair with a wide tooth comb
- After detangling, I rinse my hair with cool water.
- Style as I want.